Auto Glass Repair in The Woodlands, TX
Anything from poor driving conditions to poor weather can damage your auto glass. Rocks on the road, pieces of debris, and hail are all hazards capable of chipping, cracking, even breaking windshields and windows. Leaving such damages unrepaired can lead to great risks.
Broken windows leave dangerous edges and take away protection from the elements outside your vehicle. Even if the damage doesn’t break open a hole in your class, a crack can impede your vision while driving. The smallest of chips can weaken your glass and make it much more susceptible to larger damages.
Our state-of-the-art The Woodlands, Texas auto glass department offers the knowledge and expertise to get the job done right the first time. No job is too large or too small for Texan Glass and Solar Control, your windshield repair and replacement expert. We offer quality OEM-equivalent auto glass and windshield repair and replacement. We also offer free mobile service in all service cities and their surrounding areas! For information on locations, click here.
The Woodlands Automotive Glass - Safety & Protection
While the windows on your vehicle may seem like a simple feature, they do a lot more for you than provide a view of the area surrounding your car. The glass may look the same as any other, but it’s much different than, say, the windows in your house. Most residential windows are a standard type of glass that will shatter easily when broken.
Since vehicles are at a much greater risk for damage than a stationary building, the requirements for automotive glass are much different. The design takes into consideration that car windows need to provide a clear view of the surroundings under any weather conditions and that people will be near them during a crash.
Automotive glass is made from two types of safety glass. Laminated glass makes up the windshield, while the remaining windows are tempered glass. Both types of glass have different functions, but they still work together to allow airbags to deploy, keep you inside the vehicle in the event of an accident, provide structural support to the vehicle, and shield you from flying glass.
While automotive glass may not seem all that impressive when a well-placed rock can create a chip or crack, it is still an integral part to car safety. The fact that a rock will only cause a small amount of damage at high speeds shows the toughness of automotive glass in comparison to a home window. Windshields and other car windows will also catch fragments of glass in the event of an accident, keeping debris from scattering and causing further damage to other cars on the road. As such, it’s important to treat any glass damage seriously, no matter how small.
Automotive Glass Repair - The Woodlands, TX
Smaller automotive glass damages may not seem like a big deal, especially if they’re not in a place to obscure your vision. Small chips can still attract water inside due to surface tension, bringing dirt along with it. For chips that make it through the top lamination of your glass, they can cause fogging. These deeper chips can also start to delaminate the glass, taking away a level of protection.
Chips can ultimately become much bigger cracks if not tended to properly. An additional impact may cause the chip to splinter. In colder temperatures, water that makes it into the chip can freeze, extending the range of the damage.
Longer cracks need different repairs than a chip and require a new windshield or windowpane. The replacement process is much more expensive than filling in a small chip, so it’s best to seek repairs once you notice even the smallest of damage.
Any type of glass damage can impair your sight of the road, creating an additional driving hazard. Even if a point of damage isn’t within your line of sight, it can still be a distraction while you’re on the road. Chips and cracks also can let water and wind inside your vehicle and can lead to higher insurance premiums.
Overall, automotive glass’s design features allow it to resist damage and keep you and your passengers safe. Besides the layers of design to catch busted glass fragments upon breaking, the windshield also provides a backstop for your airbags and gives additional structural support to the passenger’s compartment.
Any damage to the glass means that it’s much more susceptible to further damage. In an accident, an already cracked windshield may not be able to stand up to pressure and impact as well as a fully intact one. This could mean the difference between surviving a crash with minor damages and suffering great injury.
Don’t put yourself and your passengers at risk. Seek repairs for your damaged Woodlands, TX automotive glass to restore the safety of your vehicle.
Automotive Glass Services - The Woodlands, TX
No matter what sort of repairs you need to keep your automotive glass in optimal shape, our team is ready to handle the job. You can count on us for any of our Woodlands TX auto glass services:
- The Woodlands Rock Chip Repairs – No matter the size of a chip, our technicians can quickly repair damages from rocks or other impacts. We take care to examine your chip to determine the scope of the damage and provide the appropriate fix, eliminating risks to drivers and passengers alike.
- The Woodlands Windshield Replacement – When replacing a windshield, we don’t just tend to the glass. We make sure your new windshield doesn’t have any wind noise or water leaks, and we also check to ensure your safety and proper windbag deployment.
- The Woodlands Door & Vent Glass Replacement – Whether a door window needs full replacement, repair, or just an adjustment to be back on track, we’ve got you covered. We also tend to any issues with vent glass, including damages and issues with opening or closing.
- The Woodlands Back Auto Glass Replacement – We provide repair services for glass on all ends of the vehicle, including your back windshield. You can trust our repairs to give you a clear view of what’s coming up from behind you.
Our technicians work so that all repairs follow the highest safety and quality standards on the market. We make sure to conduct all glass services so that you can get back on the road, both as quickly and as safely as possible.
The Woodlands Auto Glass Chip Repair Process
While our technicians can complete a chip repair job within a short time, the process has a little more to it than what meets the eye. When we repair any chips in your windows, we only use proven adhesives to provide your glass with additional strength against damages. As we repair a chip, we will:
- Prepare the vehicle by covering the hood and seats near the chip for protection.
- Clean the chip to ensure that any debris, dirt, water, or broken glass will not cause additional damage after repairs. The use of vacuum suction creates a clear pathway for the repair resin to reach into every microscopic corner of the chip.
- Inject the chip with resin. The resin will fill in the chip area and seal the damage.
- Cure the resin with a UV lamp to ensure proper sealing.
- Polish and clean away any additional resin. We first gently scrape away any excess resin and apply polish to smooth it out, leaving you with a window that appears as good as new.
Repairing auto glass chips can prevent additional damages and risks while driving. We treat every step of our chip repair process with care so that you can rest easy when behind the wheel.
Glass Replacement Process - The Woodlands, TX
When damages call for total replacement, the process can feel like a hassle. Rest assured that our technicians take every step to ensure a successful auto glass replacement. We will:
- Take steps to inspect the damage carefully and determine the exact extent of repairs needed. If a replacement is necessary, we will proceed.
- Remove the damaged glass appropriately. For door windows, this requires removing the door panel to properly access the glass.
- Vacuum debris and glass from the vehicle. While automotive glass’s design is meant to reduce the chances of broken glass entering the vehicle, that doesn’t mean it can’t happen. We make sure to clean any damages so that you don’t have to.
- Insert a brand-new window. We double check all installations to make sure the window is in the appropriate position and will not cause further issues.
- Test technological functions. For door windows, we ensure that the regulator and window functions properly. We also check that any defrost or other technological functions your car can run will still operate.
- Return any pieces moved for the repair, such as door panels.
When doing work, we don’t just focus on making sure your windows are in tip-top shape, we pay attention to the rest of your car as well. Some Woodlands, TX auto glass replacements may create messes and require additional cleaning for proper installation. We take care of this, only returning your car in the best condition possible.
All our services come with a lifetime warranty. If you have any additional damages to a window we’ve repaired or replaced, return to us for additional service.
Free Mobile Auto Glass Service
If time is tight and you can’t afford to bring your vehicle to us, there’s no need to worry; our certified technicians will come to you! We provide mobile auto glass and windshield repair service to The Woodlands, Houston, Corpus Christi, Victoria, Austin, San Antonio, Beaumont, Bryan/College Station and surrounding areas. Whether you need repairs at home or at work, we will make the trip. And you don’t need to worry about any additional service costs. Our mobile auto glass service is available at absolutely no charge for customers within our service areas. If you have questions about our service area please give us a call at (888) 223-7655.
As the largest Texas-based auto glass company, we strive to meet the expectations of our customers in every service we perform. This includes free mobile service, lifetime warranties, and the use of dealer and OEM parts to give you the highest-quality repairs possible. Stop by one of our locations to see what we can do for you or call us at (888) 223-7655 to get an instant quote on your repair costs.